Zhen ZHAO (赵振) is a Ph.D. candidate in Electrical and Information Engineering at the University of Sydney (USYD). He is advised by Prof. Luping Zhou and Prof. Wanli Ouyang from the USYD and Prof. Lei Wang from the University of Wollongong, Australia. He also works closely with Prof. Changyan Yi from the Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics on stochastic optimization and game theory with applications on wireless networks. His current research mainly focuses on developing multimodal foundation models for reasoning and decision-making tasks, as well as exploring semi/self-supervised learning techniques for label-efficient perception.
- [07/2023] 4 papers on semi-supervised learning and fast adaptation of large foundation model are accepted by ICCV 2023 (one is selected as Oral).
- [07/2023] A paper on conventional semi- and barely- supervised learning is accepted by ACM MM 2023.
- [02/2023] 4 papers on semi-supervised semantic segmentation and efficient ViT pruning are accepted by CVPR 2023.
- [11/2022] A paper on barely-supervised Learning is accepted by NIPS 2022 (Spotlight).
- [03/2022] A paper on mismatched semi-supervised Learning is accepted by CVPR 2022.
- [12/2021] A paper on semi-supervised Learning is accepted by AAAI 2022 (Oral).
- [01/2021] Registered as a Ph.D. Student @ USYD after a 2-year break.
- DAAD AInet fellow for the Postdoc-NeT-AI 11/2023 Networking Week on Human-centered AI, Germany, 2023
- PhD International Mobility for Partnerships and Collaborations Award, CUHK, Hong Kong, 2023
- Faculty of Engineering Research Scholarship @ USYD, 2020
University of Sydney International Scholarship (USydIS)， 2019
- International Graduate Student Scholarship (IGSS), 2014 - 2015 @ University of Manitoba.
- First class scholarship of China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation Scholarship, 2013.
- The National Scholarship, 2012
- National First Prize in the Mathematical Contest in Modeling, China, 2012
- Z. Zhao, L. Yang, S. Long, J. Pi, L. Zhou, J. Wang, “Augmentation Matters: A Simple-yet-Effective Approach to Semi-supervised Semantic Segmentation”, CVPR, 2023
- Z. Zhao, L. Zhou, L. Wang, Y. Shi, Y. Gao， “LaSSL: Label-Guided Self-training for Semi-supervised Learning”, AAAI (oral), 2022
- Z. Zhao, S. Huang, J. Cai, “(Invited Paper) Energy efficient packet transmission strategies for wireless body area networks with rechargeable sensors,” IEEE VTC 2017-Fall, Toronto, Canada, Sept. 2017.
- Z. Zhao, T. An, B. Lao, “VLBI network simulator: an integrated simulation tool for radio astronomers”, Journal of The Korean Astronomical Society, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 207-216, 2019.