Zhen ZHAO (赵振) is a Ph.D. candidate in Electrical and Information Engineering at the University of Sydney (USYD). He is advised by Prof. Luping Zhou and Prof. Wanli Ouyang from the USYD and Prof. Lei Wang from the University of Wollongong, Australia. He also works closely with Prof. Changyan Yi from the Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics on stochastic optimization and game theory with applications on wireless networks. His current research focuses on semi/self-supervised learning in Computer Vision and their applications in Medical Image Analysis.
- [02/2023] 4 papers on semi-supervised semantic segmentation and efficient ViT pruning are accecpted by CVPR 2023.
- [11/2022] A paper on barely-supervised Learning is accepted by NIPS 2022 (Spotlight).
- [03/2022] A paper on mismatched semi-supervised Learning is accepted by CVPR 2022.
- [12/2021] A paper on semi-supervised Learning is accepted by AAAI 2022 (Oral).
- [01/2021] Registered as a Ph.D. Student @ USYD after a 2-year break.
- Faculty of Engineering Research Scholarship @ USYD, 2020
University of Sydney International Scholarship (USydIS)， 2019
- International Graduate Student Scholarship (IGSS), 2014 - 2015 @ University of Manitoba.
- First class scholarship of China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation Scholarship, 2013.
- The National Scholarship, 2012
- National First Prize in the Mathematical Contest in Modeling, China, 2012
- Z. Zhao, L. Yang, S. Long, J. Pi, L. Zhou, J. Wang, “Augmentation Matters: A Simple-yet-Effective Approach to Semi-supervised Semantic Segmentation”, CVPR, 2023
- Z. Zhao, L. Zhou, L. Wang, Y. Shi, Y. Gao， “LaSSL: Label-Guided Self-training for Semi-supervised Learning”, AAAI (oral), 2022
- Z. Zhao, S. Huang, J. Cai, “(Invited Paper) Energy efficient packet transmission strategies for wireless body area networks with rechargeable sensors,” IEEE VTC 2017-Fall, Toronto, Canada, Sept. 2017.
- Z. Zhao, T. An, B. Lao, “VLBI network simulator: an integrated simulation tool for radio astronomers”, Journal of The Korean Astronomical Society, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 207-216, 2019.